Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl
Forum van Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

NEW YORK -- Michael Vick has watched Geno Smith every day fo

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl -> Vissen in Frankrijk
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-02-2019 03:01:29    Onderwerp: NEW YORK -- Michael Vick has watched Geno Smith every day fo Reageren met citaat

NEW YORK -- Michael Vick has watched Geno Smith every day for nearly two weeks. Rashaan Evans Titans Jersey . Every snap and every throw. Sure, Vick would like to be the New York Jets starting quarterback. But, from what he has seen, theyre already in pretty good hands with Smith. "Hes going to be great," Vick declared. "Hes going to be 10 times better than where he was last year and Im looking forward to it." Thats quite an endorsement from a guy who still believes he can be a star in the NFL. As it stands, Vick is a big-name, veteran backup who can step in if needed and push Smith to be better in his second season. Some fans and media wonder when -- not if -- Vick will replace Smith under centre. The doubters arent sold on Smith being able to improve that dramatically from a rookie year in which he threw 21 interceptions and just 12 touchdowns. Smith gets a chance to show everyone where he stands Thursday when the Jets -- with newcomers Eric Decker and Chris Johnson -- play their preseason opener at home against Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts. "Execution. Its always about execution," Smith said. "Its always about us doing the right things on the field. We want to execute to the best of our ability. Go out there and be sharp mentally, be sharp physically, be accurate, be sharp with the reads, and get good plays in." Sounds simple, huh? Smith found out last year that the leap from college to the pros isnt always without some stumbles. He has used the off-season and training camp to try to make the game slow down a bit. "I felt it coming at the end of last season," he said. "Its still a work in progress. Im still getting better. Im still fine-tuning a lot of things. Still need to focus on the mental aspect of it and all the small things that will make me better." As far as Rex Ryan is concerned, having Vick around can only help Smith -- which, in turn, will help the Jets determine if theyve got their quarterback of the future. "I think that if you have Mike Vick come in here, you better be on top of your game, and obviously Geno is," Ryan said. "Whether he needed Mike Vick to be here or not, Im not sure. But probably not because I know Geno wants it in the worst way to be a great quarterback and the preparation that he did in the off-season, the things he did. "But certainly, with Mike Vick in there, that does push him." Ryan expects the starters to play into the second quarter Thursday night, with Smith opening the game and Vick perhaps getting the final series before backups come in. Chuck Pagano was unsure how much Luck and the Colts starters will play. Wide receiver Reggie Wayne, still recovering from a torn ACL in his right knee, will not suit up but is expected to be ready for the season opener at Denver. "Youd love to see in a perfect world, them go out there and have a six-, seven-, eight-play drive, score a touchdown, kick a PAT, and make a decision there, get them out of the game and whatnot," Pagano said. That wont be in the game plan for Ryans defence, which expects to be among the leagues best this season. "As luck would have it," a grinning Ryan said, with a pause punctuating his attempt at humour, "we play a heck of a quarterback. ... I think its going to be a good test for our defence and a good test for them, too." Whether its one series or a handful, Luck has a few goals of his own set for the preseason opener. "Take care of the football, convert third downs and score touchdowns," he said. "Positive, positive plays." Thats exactly what Ryan and Smith expect. "Im excited about it just like, shoot, no different than our fans," Ryan said. "Lets see where this team is at. Lets see how Decker fits in, lets see how this defence looks. So, Im excited to watch us play against somebody else." Harold Landry Jersey . -- The Guelph Storm are moving on to the Western Conference final after defeating the London Knights 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. Rashaan Evans Jersey . Those cheers seemed more special this time because the captains run on Broadway could soon be over. The adoration surely sounded much nicer to Callahan than all the recent trade talk. http://www.authenticfootballshoptitans.com/authentic-luke-stocker-titans-jersey/ . At this rate, the Flyers captain is set to be remembered more for a fantastic finish.MIAMI -- Suspended Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito says teammate Jonathan Martin sent him a threatening text message as an apparent joke only a week before their relationship became the subject of a harassment case that has prompted an NFL investigation. In an interview with Fox Sports televised Sunday, Incognito said he never took the threat seriously. Incognito said he regrets the racist and profane language he used with Martin, but said it stemmed from a culture of locker-room "brotherhood," not bullying. "A week before this went down, Jonathan Martin texted me on my phone -- I will murder your whole ... family," Incognito said, quoting Martin as using a profanity. "Now did I think Jonathan Martin was going to murder my family? Not one bit. ... I knew it was coming from a brother. I knew it was coming from a friend. I knew it was coming from a teammate. That just puts in context how we communicate with one another." Responding to the interview, Martins attorney tweeted the message Incognito quoted. The message was accompanied by two photos of a laughing woman holding a dog, suggesting it was intended as a joke. "JMarts text 2 Richie Incognito. U decide....." attorney David Cornwell tweeted. That was the only response by Cornwell or Martins agent to requests from The Associated Press for comment on Incognitos interview. Incognito said Martin also sent him a friendly text four days after leaving the team to undergo counselling for emotional issues. The message came on the heels of the Dolphins overtime victory against Cincinnati. "Wassup man? The worlds gone crazy lol. Im good tho congrats on the win," Martin said in a text verified by Fox Sports. "Yeah Im good man. Its insane bro but just know I dont blame you guys at all. Its just the culture around football and the locker room got to me a little." Martin left the team two weeks ago, and Cornwell alleges the second-year pro was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito. Martin hasnt spoken publicly but will discuss the case late next week with a special investigator hired by the league. "This isnt an issue about bullying," Incognito told Fox. "This is an issue of my and Jons relationship. You can ask anyone in the Miami Dolphins locker room who had Jon Martins back the absolute most, and theyll uundoubtedly tell you me. Bennie Logan Titans Jersey. "All this stuff coming out, it speaks to the culture of our locker room, it speaks to culture of our closeness, it speaks to the culture of our brotherhood." Incognitos phone showed 1,142 text messages between the two players over the past year, Fox reported. The network said Incognito declined to answer only one question: Did coaches order him to toughen up Martin? The NFL will investigate the role of coach Joe Philbin, his staff and Miami management in the case. The Dolphins (4-4) play for the first time since Incognito was suspended when they face Tampa Bay (0-Cool on Monday night. Incognito is white and Martin is biracial. Teammates both black and white have said Incognito is not a racist, and theyve been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin. Incognito acknowledged leaving a voicemail for Martin in April in which he used a racist term, threatened to kill his teammate and threatened to slap Martins mother. "When I see those words come up across the screen, Im embarrassed," said Incognito, adding that Martin used the same racist term "a lot." "Im embarrassed by my actions. But what I want people to know is the way Jonathan and the rest of the offensive line and our teammates communicate. Its vulgar. Its not right. ... I understand why a lot of eyebrows get raised when people dont know how Jon and I communicate to one another." Incognito said he never sensed that football or the locker-room culture were getting to Martin. "As his best friend on the team, thats what has me miffed -- how I missed this," Incognito said. "I never saw it coming." Long labeled one of the NFLs dirtiest players, Incognito acknowledged his reputation for out-of-bounds behaviour -- and the impact the much-quoted, threatening voicemail has had on his image. "It sounds terrible. It sounds like Im a racist pig. It sounds like Im a meathead. It sounds a lot of things that its not. ... If you go just by all the knucklehead stuff Ive done in the past, youre sitting in your home and thinking, This guy is a loose cannon. This guy is a terrible person. This guy is a racist. That couldnt be farther from the truth." Incognito said if he met with Martin and his family, he would apologize for anything they took as malicious. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl -> Vissen in Frankrijk Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: