Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl
Forum van Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Jeff Carter has played alongside the likes o

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl -> Aanbod
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 18-01-2019 06:06:40    Onderwerp: Jeff Carter has played alongside the likes o Reageren met citaat

SOCHI, Russia – Jeff Carter has played alongside the likes of Peter Forsberg, Claude Giroux, Rick Nash, Daniel Briere, and Anze Kopitar, but not one of them stacks up to Drew Doughty in one key department. Buy Puma Shoes Online . "Hes probably the most skilled guy Ive ever played with and Ive played with some pretty good players," Carter said after a close 2-1 overtime win against Finland. "When his confidence is going [and] hes feeling good about himself he can do anything out there. Its pretty amazing to watch." Doughty scored both Canadian goals – including the upset-preventing overtime winner – late Sunday evening, lifting his country to top spot in Group-B and a berth in the quarterfinals. On a grand Olympic stage that features the highest caliber of talent this game has to offer, the 24-year-old from London, Ontario stands out as one of the very best. "I forget about everything thats going on around me and Im just focused in on that game and having fun," he said. Third in tournament scoring after the preliminary round, Doughty leads Canada with four goals – including one in each of the three games – and five points, totaling nearly 20 minutes of ice-time against the Finns. No apparent fear or uncertainty seems to exist on his part, no matter the venue. Doughty is willing to force the action and assert himself on centre-stage, if and when the moment presents itself. This was clear again in overtime at Bolshoy Ice Dome when he deposited a Carter feed beyond the pads of the nearly-unbeatable Tuukka Rask. It was perhaps most emphatic during the 2010 Olympics when he proved a revelation as a 20-year-old for the gold-medal winning Canadian squad. "Confidence," said Carter in a word. "When you put all his skill with that confidence its pretty amazing." And maybe his personality has something to do with that no-fear persona on the biggest stages, which also included a Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings in 2012. Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Doughtys defence partner here in Sochi, describes him as "pretty loose" and "funny". A teammate for two-plus seasons with the Kings, Carter agrees, calling him "one of a kind for sure", always with "a smile on his face, bouncing around, laughing, having a good time." Those easy-going qualities seem to translate to the ice. "He plays loose out there," Carter said. "Hes not scared to try and make plays too and I think thats what make him such a dynamic player." Doughty carries a cool about him on the ice that makes every one of his movements seem controlled and purposeful, almost as if nothing else out there matters in the scheme of what he has to offer the game. His passes are crisp and on the tape. His daring rushes look as though they were designed beforehand, each stride, angle and movement carefully calculated. His instincts with the puck make it seem as if he is just a step ahead of what lies next. "Thats what Drew does," said Carter of Doughty, the No. 2 overall pick from the 2008 draft, who is logging 26 minutes per game for the Kings this season. "He does it all year for us [in Los Angeles] and probably doesnt get as much recognition as he should because of the time zone and what not." Doughty doesnt look nor appear nervous on this stage, but says he was four years ago in Vancouver during that first Olympic stint. But the nerves that bubbled there were not for the reasons one might think. It had nothing to do with the pressure of bidding for gold on home soil, but was more about his youthful place on a veteran roster that featured aging stars and future Hall-of-Famers like Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger. "I was just a little young guy there, had so many older guys around me that I didnt know whatsoever," he said. "I was nervous mostly because of that, not because of the fans and the pressure and the country and all that, it was just meeting all these All-Star players." If not leaning on Niedermayer and Pronger for wisdom, Doughty made sure to stash other hints for success. "Just watching them thats all I had to do," he said. "And I learned so many things just watching those guys play and it helped me out for this one for sure." Doughty looks like hes just having fun, like the intensity of all that lays around him has no bearing. Facing a large horde of media after his overtime winner he stepped toward a microphone and began to speak only to be reminded that he needed to actually speak into the microphone. Cool and jovial, he responded with a sarcastic crack, "I actually gotta talk into the microphone?" Cheap Puma Shoes Sale . Howard hit a three-run homer with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning to lift the Philadelphia Phillies to a 6-3 win over the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night. Cheap Puma Shoes From China . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. http://www.cheappuma.us/ . LOUIS - The St.Manchester Uniteds tour of China took another turn for the worse as their International Champions Cup clash with Manchester City was called off due to concerns over the state of the pitch in Beijing. Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiolas sides were due to play at the Birds Nest Stadium at 12.30pm, but the pitch was deemed unplayable after rain overnight.It was the latest stroke of bad luck for United. From their heavy defeat to Borussia Dortmund to the abandoned Manchester derby, we look at whats gone wrong... Dortmund defeat United were beaten 4-1 by Borussia Dortmund in Shanghai Uniteds tour started with a 4-1 thrashing by Borussia Dortmund in Shanghai on Friday. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Ousmane Dembele and Gonzalo Castro were on target for the Bundesliga outfit, with Uniteds consolation goal coming from their new signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan.The scoreline was far from ideal for their first major friendly under Mourinho, but the new manager put it down to differences in preparation. Dortmund had already played four summer friendlies, while Uniteds only match action had come with a 2-0 win over Wigan Athletic.I know that in pre-season the team that is in the advanced stage of preparation looks far better than the other team, he said. If we did not know, I think after 10 minutes we know that one team started training 10 days ago and played one match and the other team started one month ago and already played four matches.Emergency landing The first Manchester derby outside of England has been called off United chartered two flights from Shanghai to Beijing for the second leg of their tour on Saturday, but their plans were disrupted when one of the planes was forced to make an emergency landing due to adverse weather conditions around Beijing.The events were described in a video posted by Memphis Depay on Facebook. Were lost somewhere, he said. We had to make a quick landing. We tried to fly to Beijing but the weather is a little bit bad so we had to land somewhere else. Now were waiting until the weather gets a little bit easier so we caan land. Cheap Puma Shoes. While the first group landed on schedule to have their evening meal in the hotel, Mourinho later revealed the second group did not arrive until 1am on Sunday.Venue change Mourinho was forced to conduct a chaotic pitchside press conference in Beijing United were scheduled to train at the Birds Nest Stadium on their first day in Beijing, but in order to protect the playing surface they were hastily moved to the Olympic Sports Centre some four miles away.This caused further complications, with Mourinho forced to hold his pre-match press briefing on the side of the stadium pitch due to stifling heat inside the overcrowded conference room where journalists were waiting to hear from the United manager.Mourinho then voiced his concerns over the Birds Nest pitch. I think Beijing is unlucky because the pitch is very bad, he said. My only objective is to take the players home safe and without injury. These are no conditions to play a good game of football.He also admitted he couldnt wait to return to Manchester and begin training with his full squad.Game called off After more torrential rain, the decision was taken to call off the game on Monday morning, with United confirming the news on their website. Due to recent weather events, tournament organisers and participating clubs have made the decision to cancel the International Champions Cup fixture to be played in Beijing tonight, 25 July, it read.United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward added: Its extremely disappointing not to be able to play the game in this amazing stadium but the recent torrential rain would have caused problems anywhere in the world and has left the pitch unplayable.We know our fans in China will, like the players and staff, be saddened by the cancellation of the match but I am sure they appreciate that the player safety has to be the top priority. I am sure we will return to the Birds Nest in the future to give them the chance to see the team in action.United will fly back to Manchester on Sunday evening having only played one game in China. Their next fixture is a friendly against Galatasaray in the Swedish city of Gothenburg on Saturday, with Wayne Rooneys testimonial against Everton on August 3 their only other game before the Community Shield against Leicester on August 7 and the Premier League kick-off against Bournemouth on Sunday, August 14. Win Sky Q Ultra HD with Sky Sports 43 LG TV plus a Sky Q Ultra HD package including Sky Sports to be won EVERY DAY - enter now! Also See: Utd v City in China called off Carrick: All eyes on Manchester China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl -> Aanbod Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: