Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl
Forum van Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Alvarezs scoreless streak came to an en

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl -> Spodden
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 02-01-2019 04:56:12    Onderwerp: Alvarezs scoreless streak came to an en Reageren met citaat

CHICAGO -- Henderson Alvarezs scoreless streak came to an end, and the Miami Marlins didnt care one bit. Jack Johnson Jersey . They were just happy to hear the talented right-hander should be able to make his next start after a scary play at first base. Alvarez injured his left hip in the sixth, but Miami made the most of a wild afternoon for Pedro Strop in a 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday that averted a three-game series sweep. The Marlins trailed 3-2 before they pushed across two runs in the eighth. They loaded the bases with one out on a walk, a hit by pitch and a single from Casey McGehee. Christian Yelich then scored on Garrett Jones sacrifice fly and Giancarlo Stanton came home on a wild pitch from Strop (0-3). Steve Cishek then struck out two in a scoreless ninth that gave him 14 saves in 15 tries. The Cubs got six scoreless innings from Jake Arrieta, but came up just short in a bid for their first six-game winning streak since a seven-game run in 2011. "I think these guys should keep their heads up," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "Theyre very disappointed right now because we felt like we were on the cusp of being able to have a perfect homestand." Mike Dunn (5-3) got two outs for the win, but that was secondary for Miami after Alvarez went down. He began the day with a streak of 21 scoreless innings and is regarded as the Marlins best pitcher after Jose Fernandez was shelved by a season-ending elbow surgery. With one out in the sixth inning of a scoreless tie, Luis Valbuena grounded to Jones at first. Alvarez hustled over to cover the bag, but Jones toss was high. The pitcher reached to tap the base with his right foot but missed and landed awkwardly, straining his left hip. "He seems to be OK," manager Mike Redmond said. "Hes got enough time in between starts. He should be fine. Obviously well know better tomorrow or the next couple of days." After Miamis training staff and Redmond came out to see him, Alvarez threw one warm-up pitch to see if he could continue but quickly left the mound. He was charged with two runs, one earned, and seven hits. "At first I felt like I fell (and) I banged myself on ground. I just continued on, I got up, I felt I could continue to pitch," Alvarez said through a translator. "I went out there, I did what I could to pitch. At the end of the day it was a decision by the manager." Nate Schierholtz then greeted Dan Jennings with a two-run triple down the right-field line that gave the Cubs a 2-0 lead. Alvarez is considered day to day, a relief for the surprising Marlins (33-30). "I feel good," he said. "Thank God." Jones, who was charged with an error on the play, also was relieved that Alvarez was OK. He said he needed a couple pitches during his seventh-inning at-bat to refocus. "You never want to be the guy to make the mistake to lose a game," Jones said. "But that play, hes been our best pitcher, and to lose him on a play like that, it stinks." Luckily for Miami, it probably wont be without Alvarez for long. "We cant afford any injuries - especially to those pitchers. Weve already had that happen and we cant afford anybody else to get hurt," Redmond said. "Definitely concerned (when Alvarez left) but it looks like hes going to be fine so hopefully we got lucky there." NOTES: The Marlins have a couple off days coming up and the plan is to keep its rotation intact. That could change if RHP Nathan Eovaldis pregnant wife hasnt given birth by Wednesday. ... Marlins C Jarrod Saltalamacchia was eligible to come off the seven-day concussion disabled list but wasnt activated. Columbus Blue Jackets Gear . - The Oakland Athletics say they are stopping negotiations to extend their lease at the Coliseum. Boone Jenner Jersey . -- Jesse Lussier scored 8:24 into overtime as the Halifax Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit to beat the host Val-dOr Foreurs 6-5 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. http://www.officialbluejacketsfanstore.com/authentic-sonny-milano-blue-jackets-jersey/ . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend. SAN FRANCISCO -- A little bit of patience has led to a lot of confidence for Michael Morse, who finished the three-game series with Philadelphia reaching base in nine straight plate appearances. Morse got three hits and scored twice as the San Francisco Giants won consecutive home games for the first time in over two months, beating the Phillies 5-2 on Sunday. "Im just getting hits now. Im not trying to do too much, just get a pitch to hit," Morse said. "Im not seeing the ball any better, Im being more patient." Andrew Susac had two hits and drove in the go-ahead run for the Giants, who won their first series at home since taking two of three from Arizona right before the All-Star break. Brandon Crawford drove in a pair of runs. Chase Utley and Cody Asche drove in runs for the Phillies, who have lost seven of their last nine. Tim Lincecum (10-Cool managed to work through five innings to end a personal three-game losing streak. He gave up two runs and seven hits, walking four and striking out two. "I tried to do my best with what I had," Lincecum said. "I started doing what I wanted later but my pitch count got up there." Lincecum needed 76 pitches to finish three innings and came out after throwing 97. The Phillies stranded eight runners over the first five innings, including the bases loaded in the third. "We couldnt come up with the hit with runners on," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "He doesnt give up. He stayed with his changeup. He gets you fishing in those situations." Javier Lopez, Jean Machi, Sergio Romo and Santiago Casilla combined for four scoreless innings, allowing two hits and striking out nine. Casilla earned his 10th save in 13 chances. Not since June 8 had the Giants won two straight at AT&T Park. David Buchanan (6-7) allowed two earned runs and nine hits in 6 2-3 inninngs. Jordan Schroeder Jersey. TRAINERS ROOM Phillies: LHP Jesse Biddle, considered one of the teams top prospects, strained his right quad on Saturday in a start for Double-A Reading. . RHP Kyle Kendrick apologized to Sandberg for storming off the mound when he was removed from Saturdays game against the Giants. He said he was upset about coming out and not at teammates Chase Utley and Ryan Howard for allowing a pop fly to land safely. Giants: Bryan Stow, the Giants fan who was the victim of a brutal beating at Dodger Stadium on opening day in 2011, was a surprise visitor to the San Francisco clubhouse before the game. Third base coach Tim Flannery ushered in Stow in his wheelchair. Stows son, Tyler, accompanied him. Stow visited with nearly every player and left with several souvenirs. "I know all those players have to be excited to see him and have him here at the ballpark and the clubhouse," Bochy said. "With all hes been through, all his familys been through, its great to have him here." ... INF Joe Panik suffered a dislocated finger on his left hand and had X-rays taken. Hell be re-evaluated when the team goes to Chicago . C Hector Sanchez (concussion) was a scratch from Fridays lineup at Triple-A Fresno with back spasms. He also left Saturdays game after getting hit in the mask by a foul tip. Hes rejoined the team in San Francisco for further evaluation. UP NEXT Phillies: RHP Jerome Williams (2-5, 6.43) will make his second start since being claimed off waivers when he pitches Monday at home against Seattle. He allowed two earned runs in 5 1-3 innings against the Los Angeles Angels last Tuesday. Giants: RHP Ryan Vogelsong (7-8, 3.71) gets the start Tuesday when the Giants open a road trip at the Chicago Cubs. Hes 3-3 with a 6.19 ERA in nine career appearances at Wrigley Field, though hes currently on a three-game winning streak there. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl -> Spodden Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: