Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl
Forum van Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

TORONTO - Power plays gave the Toronto Maple Leafs ample opp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl -> Stel je voor
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 20-12-2018 04:27:37    Onderwerp: TORONTO - Power plays gave the Toronto Maple Leafs ample opp Reageren met citaat

TORONTO - Power plays gave the Toronto Maple Leafs ample opportunity to break open a tight game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Authentic Kenneth Faried Jersey . When they couldnt take advantage, the Penguins cashed in to beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Friday night at Air Canada Centre. The Leafs went 0 for 6 on the power play after scoring three goals that way Wednesday night against the Boston Bruins. Pascal Dupuis scored twice and Sidney Crosby reclaimed sole possession of the NHL lead in points with an assist for the Penguins (11-3-1), who responded from a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of the New York Rangers earlier in the week. Cody Franson scored a third-period goal for the Leafs (9-6-2), who visit the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday night. Jonathan Bernier was solid in stopping 39 of the 41 shots he faced. Penguins backup goaltender Thomas Greiss made 30 saves, including 13 in the third period. This was a better showing for the Leafs than the first time the Penguins visited this season, a 5-2 loss on Oct. 11 that led to a fan throwing his blue and white sweater on the ice. This was the annual Hall of Fame game held in conjunction with induction weekend. The class of 2014 - Dominik Hasek, Peter Forsberg, Mike Modano, Rob Blake, the late Pat Burns (represented by widow Line) and referee Bill McCreary — was honoured in a pre-game ceremony. The teams wore Hockey Hall of Fame patches on their jerseys and decals on their helmets. Line Gignac Burns dropped the puck for the ceremonial faceoff between captains Crosby and Dion Phaneuf. Once the action got under way, the Penguins controlled play for much of the first period. Their emphasis on better puck possession under first-year coach Mike Johnston was obvious as they had it in the Leafs zone more often than not. The Leafs only had five shots in the first but several of them were high quality. A penalty-filled second period gave way to plenty of chances for the Leafs to break the scoreless tie. A roughing penalty on Pittsburgh defenceman Robert Bortuzzo for clipping Nazem Kadri led to a lot of sustained pressure but no goal. Out of the box, Bortuzzo set up the Penguins first goal by holding the puck in the offensive zone and getting it to Brandon Sutter. Sutter found Christian Ehrhoff for a one-timer at the point, and Dupuis deflected it past Bernier at 17:18 of the second. Just 40 seconds later, Evgeni Malkin thought he had his seventh goal of the season but just his second at even strength. With an open net to shoot at it, the 2004 No. 2 pick didnt get all of it but still thought he had it - except Bernier got his glove up in time. Bernier was all but helpless 15 seconds into the third period when Dupuis made it 2-0. Reunited on the top line, Crosby found Dupuis for a one-timer between the circles that Chris Kunitz set the screen on. Franson cut the deficit to one 6:32 into the third by collecting Crosbys failed clear and firing a high shot past Greiss that seemed to catch the goaltender unprepared. The defenceman extended his point streak to six games with his third goal of the season. Phaneuf created a brouhaha at 17:46 of the third when he made a textbook shoulder to chest hit on Patric Hornqvist along the side boards. Malkin took exception to it and fought the Leafs captain but put his team on the penalty kill as a result. Again the Leafs were unable to score on the power play. Notes - Penguins centre Brandon Sutter left the game in the third period after taking a slapshot to the face from Torontos Roman Polak. Sutter, who wears a protective visor, was able to skate off the ice with some assistance. ... James Reimer is expected to start for the Leafs on Saturday night in Buffalo. Marc-Andre Fleury will get the nod for the Penguins against the Rangers. ... Craig Adams was playing his 303rd consecutive game for the Penguins. ... The Leafs before the game announced Borje Salming would be the next player to be part of Legends Row outside Air Canada Centre. ... The pre-game ceremony included several Hall of Famers: Salming, Clark Gilles, Dino Ciccarelli, Geraldine Heaney, Jacques Laperriere, Vladislav Tretiak, Lanny McDonald and Mats Sundin. Not surprisingly ex-Leafs captain Sundin got the biggest ovation. Authentic D’Angelo Russell Jersey . He will be practicing with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) on a conditioning assignment. - @AnaheimDucks Corey Perry has a knee sprain and will miss the next three to four weeks. Wholesale Nets Jerseys Authentic .The rookie goalie made 36 saves to help the Calgary Flames blank their Pacific Division rivals 1-0 on Saturday following a 48-hour ordeal that included lost baggage, a cancelled flight and a new pair of contact lenses. http://www.cheapnetsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-jarrett-allen-jersey . -- Chad Labelle scored the winner 17:36 into the third period to give Medicine Hat a 2-1 victory over the Swift Current Broncos on Sunday and lift the Tigers into the second round of the Western Hockey League playoffs.LONDON -- Andy Murray won his first match since adding Amelie Mauresmo as his new coach, beating Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu 6-4, 6-4 in the second round of the Queens Club grass-court tournament on Wednesday. "I was looking forward to getting back on the court," Murray said. "I enjoy playing here. I love being back on the grass. "I thought I was quite disciplined with my movement today. I moved pretty well. I wasnt sliding about too much. Yeah, it was a good start." Top seed and Australian Open winner Stanislas Wawrinka also advanced into the third round when Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus retired with a right shoulder injury as the Swiss led 3-2. There was victory too for 2011 finalist and fifth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France, who weathered a close first set before overwhelming Belgiums David Goffin 7-6 (5), 6-2. Since his loss to Roger Federer in the 2012 Wimbledon final, Murray has won 19 consecutive matches on grass and captured three titles, including the 2012 London Olympic gold at the All England Club, and Wimbledon and Queens last year. Murray hired former top-ranked player and two-time major winner Mauresmo as his coach on Sunday, initially for the grass-court season. He has been without a coach since he parted ways with Ivan Lendl in March. Hiring a female coach has generated a great deal of attention, and although he previously worked with his mother, Judy, for a long period, he admits that such a move at his level of the game was unusual. "At first when I thought about it, it was obviously a consideration, because for a few years I havent worked with a woman," he said. "Now the decision has been made, its not something that Im thinking about. Its more about the qualities that she can bring that will help me and my tennis and my team as well. I hope it works out long term because I like her. Shes a good person. I hope it works out well." Murray was impressed with Mauresmo when they met, and saw the qualities she could bring. "t;After I spoke to her the first time I just really liked her. Authentic Dzanan Musa Jersey. She was calm. She asked a lot of questions. She listened. She listened a lot. I liked chatting to her, so then I decided to sit down and speak to her and had a good chat with her about tennis. "This week, theres not going to be any big changes in my game. I also wouldnt expect any before Wimbledon. But well definitely work on some things after the tournament is finished here." Vasek Pospisil of Vancouver lost 6-4, 6-4 to Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine while Torontos Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia defeated Wawrinka and Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 7-6 (4), 7-5. Pospisil also lost in mens doubles. Ernests Gulbis, who reached his maiden Grand Slam semifinal at the French Open last week, fell to Kenny De Schepper of France 7-6 (3), 7-5. "I like the grass," Gulbis, the sixth seed from Latvia said. "But I never played well the first tournament. I always played decent in Wimbledon if I practiced well. So now Im going to stay here, practice two weeks on grass. Im going to be fully fine for Wimbledon." Lleyton Hewitt remains one victory short of Roger Federers record of 122 match wins on grass after being beaten 6-3, 6-4 by Feliciano Lopez. Hewitt, a four-time champion at Queens, was broken once in each set and failed to earn a single break point against the Spaniard. Its the first time the Australian has lost to Lopez in five meetings. Hewitt had been bidding to become the first player to win Queens five times. He shares the record of four titles with Andy Roddick. "I played a bit of a loose game the second game of the match," he said. "Then, yeah, he served really well the whole match. He had a lot better rhythm today than he did yesterday in his first-round match. He hit his spots really well." Dmitry Tursunov of Russia and Nicolas Mahut of France were beaten, but there were wins for eighth seed Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine and Radek Stepanek. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Allevoerbotenopeenrij.nl -> Stel je voor Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: